Wonderful experiences await you Rheingau & Middle Rhine Valley
The Rhine is the link which joins romantic names such as fairytale castles and UNESCO World Heritage site, the key which opens palaces, venerable old vineyards and convents in the Rheingau, the hand which spins the roulette wheel in the famous casino at the cultural centre of Wiesbaden. If you’re looking for culture, you’ll find it in the musical and gourmet festivals at Schloss Johannesberg or Kloster Eberbach, in Bacharach or the Pfalz im Rhein. The Nahetal is really close and the cycle tracks along the rivers are really long. New perspectives await the tramper beyond every bend, and if you fancy just floating along, then take a trip down the river on one of the many Rhine ships.
The day invites you to sample some of the many local wines directly at the wine-growers, to discover the whole panorama of the Rhine from a river steamer, or to gain a bird’s eye view from the cable car. The options are endless. Explore some – or all – of what the region has to offer.
Program proposals and excursion destination
In Assmannshausen and surroundings
- 'Rheinsteig': demanding footpath from Wiesbaden over Rüdesheim to Bonn
- 'Romantiktour': cable railway journey to Rüdesheim, by the ship through Valley of the Loreley back to Assmannshausen
- Romantic steamboat journeys on the day
- Museum of Siegfried's mechanical music cabinet
- Wine museum of castle Brömser
- Niederwald monument "Die Germania" a piece of German cultural history if 125 years became in 2008
- The Drosselgasse", former rest of the Rhine raftsmen
- Eagle vantage Niederwald
- Cloister "Hildegard von Bingen"
More proposals and excursion destinations
- Visit of numerous castles in the middle Rhine Valley
- Cloister Eberbach in Erbach (play site of the film „in the name of the rose“)
- Castle Johannisberg (prince of Metternich)
- Castle Vollrads (Count Matuschka von Greiffenclau)
- Wiesbaden / Mainz (25 km), Frankfurt (60 km)
- Loreley (25 km)
- Koblenz „German Corner“ (65 km)